Many people think that the refrigerator is like a safe. The low temperature of the refrigerator can inhibit the growth of bacteria, and the food is safe to store in it. But the fact is often very different from our cognition. According to the sampling survey of health department, the cross infection of bacteria is very serious, especially in the lower layer of raw meat storage, and the qualified rate is almost zero. Most refrigerators are contaminated by E.coli. Raw meat and cooked food are stored in an airy space. Even if they are stored in layers, they will be cross infected. If they are taken out directly, they will easily cause food poisoning such as diarrhea and vomiting.
Causes of bacterial cross infection
1. External pollution sources
In the process of slaughtering, transportation and sales of raw meat, due to the complex environment, there will be a large number of bacteria and viruses remaining on the surface. Because humidity and temperature are suitable for the reproduction of pathogens, a large number of bacteria will grow on the surface of raw meat, including many harmful bacteria.
After the raw meat carrying a large number of bacteria is put into the refrigerator, a large number of bacteria will go into the refrigerator, causing bacterial migration, and the bacteria will fall on other food to continue to reproduce and migrate.
Unreasonable design of refrigerator increases the risk of pollution
Due to the air circulation inside the refrigerator, there is no partition for food storage, and bacteria migrate wantonly. Every kind of food put into the refrigerator carries different bacteria, and each kind of bacteria will migrate to other food through the air circulation in the refrigerator. Eventually, all the food in the refrigerator will be covered with all kinds of germs.
Many refrigerators are designed without the concept of partition storage. Raw and cooked food are placed in the same space, and the food with strong taste and easy to absorb odor is placed in the same space. The whole refrigerated area of the refrigerator is connected, and there is no effective restriction on bacteria and smell. Although the temperature in the freezing area is lower, the open food, such as quick-frozen dumplings, raw meat, dried fish and other bacteria carried food together, is prone to cross infection, greatly increasing the risk of food pollution.
What kind of refrigerator can effectively avoid bacterial cross infection
1. The refrigerator is divided into two parts
Not all refrigerators with opposite doors have partition storage effect, many of them are just pseudo zones. For example, the following refrigerator with opposite doors is connected to each other. It can't store in different areas and has no meaning to open the door.
The real refrigerator with opposite door should be separated from the left and right doors and operated independently so as to avoid cross infection.
On the left, fruits, snacks, drinks and other instant foods that need no cooking are also available. They can also store skin care products such as facial mask. These foods are generally less bacteria and can be eaten without cooking with water. The food to be cooked on the right side, cooked food on the top and raw meat on the bottom can avoid cross infection of the food in the refrigerator to the greatest extent.
2. Refrigerators with reasonable functional areas
The left and right partitions can't solve all the problems. Each compartment of the refrigerator should also have an independent storage layer to reduce the spread of odor and bacteria.
There is no partition in the freezer of this kind of refrigerator, and the food is easy to be contaminated by bacteria or smell.
Professional refrigerators should take into account the importance of functional zoning, and plan the food kitchen in advance to facilitate the use of consumers.
9 steps to clean the refrigerator:
1. It is best to clean the refrigerator shell every day. Wipe the refrigerator shell and handle with a slightly wet soft cloth every day.
2. Cut off the power supply before cleaning the tank and take out the food in the refrigerator.
3. Soft cloth dipped in water or tableware detergent, gently scrub, and then dip in water to wipe the detergent.
4. Remove the accessories in the box and clean them with water or detergent.
5. When cleaning the "switch", "lamp" and "thermostat" of the refrigerator, please screw the rag or sponge dry.
6. After the inner wall is cleaned, you can use a soft cloth dipped in glycerin (medical opener) to wipe the inner wall of the refrigerator, which will be easier next time.
7. Clean and wipe the seal with a cloth soaked in alcohol. If there is no alcohol on hand, wipe the sealing strip with 1:1 vinegar water, the disinfection effect is very good.
8. Use a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush to clean the ventilation grille on the back of the refrigerator. Do not use wet cloth to avoid rusting.
9. After cleaning, plug in the power supply and check whether the temperature controller is set at the correct position.