With the pressure of the city now, many people choose to keep a lovely dog to accompany themselves in order to relieve the pressure. Many friends who have just raised a pet dog are not familiar with pets. They often have some unexpected situations. Dogs are actually the same as people, and they will also face various kinds of small problems. A lot of times, if you are not careful, you will be infected with all kinds of germs, and dog and dog retch Vomiting is a very common symptom, and it is often caused by the carelessness of the pet owner. So the following is a summary of the treatment methods for dog vomiting and diarrhea!
What is diarrhea?
Dog diarrhea is a common symptom, commonly known as "diarrhea", refers to the frequency of defecation significantly more than the normal frequency of weekdays, thin feces, increased moisture, or contains undigested food, pus blood, mucus, etc.
It can also be understood as the rapid passage of digestive materials through the intestine, resulting in one or more of the following conditions; the frequency of intestinal peristalsis increases, and the amount of feces is increased.
Causes of vomiting in dogs
1. Virus infection: there are many kinds of viruses that can cause vomiting in dogs and cats. The more common viruses in clinic are canine distemper virus, canine parvovirus, canine adenovirus type I, canine adenovirus II, canine coronavirus, rotavirus, feline plague, feline infectious peritonitis, etc. can cause vomiting.
2. Parasitic factors: Ascaris lumbricoides, nematodes, tapeworms, coccidia, etc. can cause vomiting in dogs and cats.
3. Poisoning and allergic factors: food poisoning, drug poisoning, side effects of drugs and allergic reactions caused by low drug resistance of dogs can lead to vomiting in dogs and cats.
4. Metabolic diseases: adrenal cortical dysfunction, acidosis, alkalosis, ketoacidosis, hepatitis, calcium and magnesium ions in the blood can also cause vomiting in dogs and cats.
5. Nervous system diseases and neurological dysfunction: brain tumor, cerebral hemorrhage, concussion, hepatic encephalopathy, severe pain, mental tension caused by fear, extreme excitement, carsickness and seasickness caused by transportation, and summer heat stroke can directly cause vomiting.
6. Diet problems: vomiting may be caused by eating too fast, or doing strenuous exercise after meals, indigestion, etc., which may lead to vomiting. The dog changes food directly, also can cause vomit.
7. Other diseases: gastrointestinal ulcer, liver disease, pancreatitis, esophageal tumor, severe tonsil enlargement, pyometra, intussusception, intestinal obstruction, intestinal constipation, esophageal obstruction, etc. may cause vomiting.
The state of vomit in dogs
1. Vomiting food: observation is recommended. Dogs eat too much or too fast, often just eat and spit out, this is because the burden of the stomach is too heavy, too late to digest. We can stop eating and observe, and gradually resume the dog's diet with a small number of meals.
2. Vomiting: observation is recommended. Colorless and tasteless vomit is usually caused by drinking a lot of water or strenuous exercise after drinking water. You only need to pay attention not to exercise immediately after drinking water, but also to supplement a small amount of water each time during exercise.
3. Spit yellow foam: recommended observation. If the dog's fasting time is too long, hunger will make gastric acid secretion too much, leading to vomiting, such a dog's time interval between two meals can be shortened, often vomiting gastric acid will lead to gastric wall is too thin, leading to ulcer problems.
4. Vomit yellow green: physical examination is recommended. Yellow green vomit is the component of bile, which may be gastric ulcer and liver, kidney and pancreas problems. If it occurs when vomiting is normal after fasting, it may be bile vomiting syndrome. In short, it is best to take the dog for examination.
How to treat dog vomiting?
1. Once in a while, everything is normal after vomiting. Observation is recommended
In this case, the dog may have some gastrointestinal discomfort or eat too much. The owner can stop eating and observe the dog first. If he does not vomit again, he can gradually resume his diet. Take some probiotics to help digestion. But if the dog will vomit every few days, it should be noted that the dog may have chronic gastritis, need to go to the hospital to see, depending on the situation.
2. If you want to vomit, but you can't vomit, please see a doctor
It may be stomach torsion or swallowing foreign body, the dog will generally face pain, unable to eat, if the dog has been vomiting but can not vomit things, it is recommended to take the dog to check immediately.
3. Continuous vomiting within a short period of time, it is recommended to see a doctor
If the dog is found to have continuous vomiting after eating, it may be urinary organs, pancreatitis, poisoning, visceral problems or virus infection, so you need to go to the hospital immediately for diagnosis.
4. For vomiting caused by parasites, regular deworming is recommended
Puppies less than 6 months old can be deworming once a month. The duration of vaccination should be staggered. Deworming should be conducted once more than 6 months (according to the brand of insect repellent).
When a dog has the symptoms of sitting on the ground, dragging, hunchback, vomiting, insects, pulling insects and so on, that is to expel the insects!
1. If the dog is unwell, don't drive the insect at will. Please drive the insect under the guidance of the doctor.
2. During pregnancy, it is best to expel insects in one month before pregnancy, but not recommended during pregnancy.
In addition to vomiting caused by hunger, the host can stop eating and drinking for 12 hours to observe, if there is no abnormality during the period, then gradually resume the diet. If you repeatedly vomit, listlessness, diarrhea, anorexia, or even groaning, please do not hesitate! See a doctor immediately!